Among those, 18 students were taken to the Dinajpur General Hospital with stomach pain and nausea.
Students said they ate chicken Khichuri for dinner. Soon after, they fell sick.
The students were first taken to the university’s medical centre on Wednesday. Later, 18 of them were shifted to the Dinajpur General Hospital as their conditions deteriorated.
“It’s a case of food poisoning. The students are out of risk,” Dr Shital Chandra Pahan, medicine consultant of the hospital, told reporters.
Tariqul Islam, owner of the canteen, was not available for comment.
“I don’t know about the incident. I’ll look into it,” Prof Shafiul Alam, told registrar of the university.
The students who are still in hospital are: Nazrul, 21, Sohrab, 21, Noman, 21, Kawsar, 20, Mujib, 20, Rifat, 24, Asgar, 21, Arif, 22, Abu Russell, 23, Sarwar Jahan, 23, Arif Hossain, 22, Yasin Ali, 22, Shuvo Marmu, 21, Abdur Rahman, 24, Utpal, 22, Hashem, 21, Yasir Arafat, 21, and Mehedi Hasan, 22.